March 11, 2010 Leave a comment
To test if your antivirus is in good working condition you should do as in continuing:
- Open “Notepad” and copy this text:
- The text should be in one horizontal line
- Then save file as “eicar.com” including quotation-marks
- After some seconds saving this file your anti-virus should come with the message that this file is infected virus asking permission for its delectation/clean.
- This file is secure and its not gonna infect your computer in whatever way. It is a standard text developed by the European Institute for Computer Anti-virus Research (EICAR).Every antivirus is programmed to load this file as a virus.
- If your antivirus is not going to hack this file as a virus ,in your screen will appear DOS window with this text EICAR-STANDARD-ANTI-VIRUS-TEST-FILE”.
- If this happens then you should probably find some other Anti-virus up to date, meaning your PC might already being infected from viruses and your current anti-virus do not recognize them.